September means back-to-school, and for many parents, back-to-work in an office environment - maybe for the first time in years. And as preschools and childcare centers struggle to increase capacity, the primary force holding many back is the availability of employees to fully staff centers so that all classrooms can be open and full. Smart Lunches can help relieve some of the strain by keeping your teachers out of the kitchen and in the classroom. Read more about how it works and what's on the menu in September.
Staffing is Critical
Because we work so closely with the preschools and childcare centers we serve, we hear a lot about what's keeping you up at night. For most, the primary struggle is staffing, and that's an area where Smart Lunches can help.
When the kids sit down to eat, lunch is over in minutes. But how many hours of paid resources, planning and preparation went into it? Even if you are currently using a meal service, you may not be saving the time you anticipated because...
- You spend too much time managing your partner or their processes
- You still have to find alternatives for kids with dietary restrictions
- There is still too much work to do to get the meals to the classrooms - even after your meals have been delivered
When you work with Smart Lunches...
- Our online portal makes ordering quick and easy - you can even log in during the month to change selections and quantities
- Everything is prepared off-site and delivered fresh daily
- We minimize the work required to serve the food
- We collaborate to find additional opportunities to customize our service and eliminate work for you and your team
The Food is Delicious
Smart Lunches offers three different entrees to choose from every day, including selections that are gluten free and free from many of the common food allergens. Some examples, all of which are gluten free, egg free, dairy free and soy free, include:
- Sweet & Sour Turkey
- Arroz con Pollo
- Chicken Curry
- Veggie Chili
We offer entrees from many of the world's great culinary traditions, modified to suit picky childrens' palates, including:
- Asian: Sweet & Sour Chicken, Beef Teriyaki, Korean BBQ Turkey
- Mexican: Fiesta Chicken, Arroz con Pollo, Chicken Fajitas, Turkey Tacos
- Italian: Pasta Bake, Zucchini Parm, Pasta with Turkey Meat Sauce, Veggie Sausage & Pasta Bake
- Traditional American: Mac & Cheese, BBQ Chicken, Beef & Gravy
There are also many more chicken, turkey, pasta, and vegetarian selections to choose from. Download the complete menu for September 2022, and see what you could be serving.
Plus, our menus have the whole fruits, veggies and whole grains recommended to meet CACFP guidelines.
Switching to Smart Lunches is simple, affordable, and hassle-free. If you are ready to speak with a representative about offering Smart Lunches at your preschool, childcare, or adult day care center, click the "Contact Smart Lunches" button. And if you are in our service area and we are able to serve you, we'll be happy to schedule a free tasting.