Earlier this year, we reported on significant increases in CACFP reimbursement rates for 2022-2023. It is now more affordable than ever to use Smart Lunches to provide hot, ready-to-eat meals for your child care center or preschool, freeing your staff to remain in the classroom and provide quality care to more children. Read more to see what we're delivering to centers from Massachusetts to Virginia in October.
October is a Great Month to Explore Smart Lunches Solutions
The kids have returned after the summer season, and you have had a couple of weeks to settle into new routines and see what is working and what challenges you are facing. As we talk to owners and administrators across the region, common challenges include:
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Inflation that is affecting everything from school supplies to food costs and utilities
- Time - too little of it to do everything that needs to be done
If you are facing similar issues, this may be a great time to take a closer look at Smart Lunches!
When you work with Smart Lunches...
- Using Smart Lunches frees staff resources from menu development, food shopping, and food preparation and associated clean-up
- Our purchasing leverage keeps food costs low
- Our online portal saves time by making ordering quick and easy - you can even log in during the month to change selections and quantities
- Everything is prepared off-site and delivered fresh daily, reducing utility costs associated with food preparation
- We minimize the work required to serve the food
- We collaborate to find additional opportunities to customize our service and eliminate work for you and your team
Plus, as we reported back in August, CACFP reimbursement rates have increased significantly for 2022-2023, which means that Smart Lunches is now more affordable than ever!
The Food is Delicious
Smart Lunches offers three different entrees to choose from every day, including selections that are gluten free and free from many of the common food allergens. And if you are still concerned you won't have enough choices, we've added a fourth - chicken nuggets - to our menu every day, so you know there will always be food the kids will love.
We offer entrees from many of the world's great culinary traditions, modified to suit picky childrens' palates, including:
- Asian: Sweet & Sour Chicken, Beef Teriyaki, Korean BBQ Turkey
- Mexican: Fiesta Chicken, Arroz con Pollo, Chicken Fajitas, Turkey Tacos
- Italian: Pasta Bake, Zucchini Parm, Pasta with Turkey Meat Sauce, Grilled Chicken Parm
- Mediterranean: Chicken Curry, Herb Chicken
- Traditional American: Mac & Cheese, BBQ Chicken, Beef & Gravy
There are also many more chicken, turkey, pasta, vegetarian, and breakfast-for-lunch, selections to choose from. Download the complete menu for October 2022, and see what you could be serving.
Plus, our menus have the whole fruits, veggies and whole grains required to meet CACFP guidelines.
Switching to Smart Lunches is simple, fast, affordable, and hassle-free. If you are ready to speak with a representative about offering Smart Lunches at your preschool, childcare, or adult day care center, click the "Contact Smart Lunches" button. And if you are in our service area and we are able to serve you, we'll be happy to schedule a free tasting.