We love trying new healthy recipes, don't you? Today, we are sharing with you this new healthy alternative side dish to white rice. It is gluten-free, vegan, and totally kid approved. Not only does the recipe require less than 10 ingredients, but some herbs and spices like ginger and garlic offer lots of surprising health benefits. Now let's get cooking!
Fried Cauliflower Rice
recipe originally posted on ohshineon
(yields 2 to 4 servings)
1 large cauliflower head
1 large leek, rinsed and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable stock, depending on personal preference
fresh ginger, zested
2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
olive oil, for cooking
sea salt, for seasoning
- Set a medium-sized pot filled halfway with water over high heat. When the water begins to boil, add the florets of cauliflower and cook for 3 to four minutes. Drain the cauliflower and set aside to let cool for 10 minutes.
- When cooled a bit, add florets, one cup at a time, to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until the consistency is rice-like. Do not over-pulse or the texture will be mushy.
- Meanwhile, heat a large dutch oven or skillet over medium-low heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When all the florets have been blended, add to the skillet and mix thoroughly. Add in grated ginger, vegetable stock, and hot sauce. Turn heat to low, cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- When done, divide the cauliflower into four bowls and and top with your choice.